REGISTER for the 2013 SUMMER CREATIVITY INSTITUTE!
Visit My FLICKR Page
I’m thinking about…art Arts books Brain Child Children conversation Creativity dar darhosta dar hosta dar hosta james drawing education exercise Facebook Flickr gratitude haiku happiness Health healthy living holidays hosta illustration imagination learning literacy luck nature new jersey New York City Poetry professional development reading running school talking Teacher teachers teaching thanksgiving trees United States writing
Looking for something in particular?
- Hello Monday! What compels YOU? fb.me/Vk38RvMd 5 days ago
- Feeling like you need a CREATIVITY SPA RETREAT? Teachers and all Creative Souls, don't miss this dynamic, fun,... fb.me/1rjg59prt 1 week ago
- Hello Monday! Feeling less than perfect? Guess what? That IS perfection! fb.me/2jUVKMpjK 1 week ago
- You asked for it and here it is.... The WILD HEARTS Poster! Fifteen of my most popular inspirational hearts on... fb.me/1rmezu3dy 2 weeks ago
- TEACHERS and CREATIVE SOULS!!! Have you registered for our Summer Creativity Institute yet? You're gonna want to!!... fb.me/J1fvsk59 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: literacy
I am excited to tell you that my colleague, Deb Barends, and I have finalized our plans for this year’s third annual Summer Creativity Institute! This dynamic two day event will be held Wednesday and Thursday, August 7-8, 2013 at Little … Continue reading
Greetings from the mid Atlantic where we are all hunkering down for Hurricane Sandy. As I sit here looking out the window, it’s just kind of windy and drizzly. From all the sensational media coverage, I’m led to believe that … Continue reading
In the wee morning hours of this past Saturday, educators from all over the country were getting ready to crowd into the Riverside Church near Columbia University for the 82nd Annual Teachers College Saturday Reunion. This free professional development event is … Continue reading
Something that I’ve noticed about working with children in poetry workshops is how much they enjoy “template” based poetry lessons. Template based poems are those that give you a structure or a format to follow and, particularly in the beginning, kids really gravitate … Continue reading
We are doing it again! I’m thrilled to announce the first three professional development workshops for our 2012 “Saturday Sessions” schedule. We hope that you will join us for dynamic, creative and FUN hands-on workshops in one of the most beautiful settings … Continue reading